With only a month left in Denver, there is a lot going through our heads, a lot of anticipation, and a ton of excitement! Each of us have different feelings about our impending trip around the world, different apprehensions, various things that we’re looking forward to, so here is a taste of what is going on in the brains of Mike and Amy. We wrote them separately so you will be just as surprised to read them as we were each others.
Most looking forward to…
- Doing something I’ve never done
- Trying new foods, even if they are weird and freaky
- Spending a whole entire year with Mike!
Most anxious about….
- No homebase to call my own
- Not seeing the family for a year
- Leaving my hairdryer behind
Luxury items that I’m going to sneak in my pack…
- A pair of jeans
- An eyelash curler
What am I most excited about? Almost a ridiculous question considering the journey in front of us, but I’ll give it a shot….
- Istanbul, where East meets West.
- Spain (I love all things pig) and Spain is the homeland.
- South Asian beach, stoked for some intense relaxation
- Returning to Chile where I studied abroad in 2005
I couldn’t be more excited for this trip, but there are for sure a few anxieties:
- I only speak 2 languages. There are hundreds if not thousands spoken in this world.
- There might be such a thing as too much free time. Filling it on a budget could be a challenge.
- Safety is always a concern when exploring the unknown.
Tourist Traps I Definitely Want to Fall Into:
- The Great Wall of China
- Iguazu Falls
- The Great Barrier Reef