It’s our last week in Denver. We’re done with work. We’re moving out of our apartment. And we’re enjoying lots of going-away parties. With all the excitement and anticipation of leaving, we’re beginning to realize how much we’re going to miss this place. People often ask us if we’ll be returning to Colorado after our RTW trip, and the honest answer is we don’t know. A major goal of our trip is to live in the moment, which means making as few future plans as possible.
That being said, Colorado is an awesome place! For those who have never been, get here! For those who live here, appreciate it! As we get all reminiscent and sappy about our years here, we wanted to share some of our favorites for locals and tourists alike…
- Favorite hike: Bear Peak (short) & Conundrum Hot Springs (long)
- Favorite park: Wash Park
- Favorite ski resort: Winter Park (convenience) & Blue Sky Basin in Vail (terrain)
- Favorite 14er: Mt. Sneffels (Blue Lake approach)
- Favorite brewery(ies)…we had to make this plural, there are a lot of great ones: Golden City Brewery (GCB), Strange Brewing Company, Renegade Brewing Company, Avery Brewing Company
- Favorite winery (yes, there really are wineries in CO!): Balistreri Vineyard
- Favorite venue: The Gothic Theater (indoor) & Red Rocks (outdoor)
- Favorite pizza spot: Buenos Aires Pizzeria (ok, we might be a bit biased because the owners’ are family, but it truly is delicious and unique pizza)
- Favorite date night restaurants: Second Home & TAG
- Favorite sushi place: Taki Sushi
- Favorite pubs: Spot, Vine Street Pub, Cherry Cricket, Govs Park
- Favorite ethnic restaurants: El Taco de Mexico, Budapest Bistro, Ethiopian Restaurant
While we still have a lot of the world to experience, Colorado has to be one of the coolest places out there.